Skip to content
HostNamaste KVM VPS

VPS for a membership website

I’m building a membership-based website with user accounts, subscriptions and a fairly active database. I’m currently deciding between managed WordPress hosting and a VPS.

One option I’m considering is hostpro.com because their VPS plans offer root access and KVM virtualization. I like the flexibility of being able to install and configure everything myself, especially since I’ll probably need Redis and custom PHP settings.

Has anyone here moved a membership site from shared hosting to a VPS? What configuration did you start with?

Comments

  • Could you clarify if this is for personal use, business, or reselling? Also, which country are you targeting?
    I was able to scale my website effortlessly thanks to Hostingsource.com flexible plans. Simple and clear pricing. No surprises. Affordable rates!
    Based on the number of positive reviews from users who have been with them for a long time, can say that you can rely on them.

    Grab VPS hosting for as low as $3 for the first month using code: $3VPSM1ALL

  • I’d personally choose KVM virtualization whenever possible, and HostPro uses KVM for their VPS. It provides a proper virtual machine environment with isolated resources, which is preferable to sharing a server environment with other users.

  • Taking into account your needs, would also recommend you to consider GTHost.com VPS hosting packages (+20 server locations worldwide).
    They offer the lowest prices they can, while figuring in costs such as reliable equipment, redundant bandwidth, and a highly-trained staff.

  • 50% OFF High-Speed VPS Hosting Today! Want a faster website for half the price? OwnWebServers is having a quick sale on our Cheap VPS Hosting. Just use the discount code VPS50 at checkout to get 50% OFF your order. Enjoy fast speeds, great security, and easy upgrades whenever you need them.

    Have any questions? Call our friendly team anytime at _+1-551-455-2355 _

  • Stability is the one thing I refuse to compromise on, and hostpro.com has held that line for me. Their daily backups across all services cover you against data damage, failed updates, and hacking alike. The support team is qualified, on duty 24/7, and answers anything at no cost. I've watched my sites stay quick under real traffic.

Sign In or Register to comment.